So, I've been away from the site but not the kitchen! Oh no, I've been BAKING...
And BAKING...
This truly is an understatement. The past four weeks have been a whirlwind of events and exciting new possibilities. I have been wanting to bake for a while. The only baking I am motivated to do in the summer involves a beach towel and a Corona. But with the nip in the air, I was ready to crank the oven and get to it. But, for whom? Being at home, eliminates a lot of the "appreciation" baking I do for people that make my life a little brighter. Bake sales at school? Sure, but not quite a $6 dollar-a-chocolate-bar event. Dinner parties! Good idea, but that is when we actually get to dessert. Just make the damn sweets, for the heck of it! You say? Good attitude, except for the fact that when I make a sweet, I am the one who nibbles on it till it's gone! Not a good thing.
What to do? Seek out people who may what to take these lovely treats off my hands. I had so many sweet recipes to test out, the scratch papers were mounting. So, I hit the street with some of my goodies. This is something that I have wanted to do, but just didn't take the leap. For several years, my visions have gone from lunch truck to bakery, to personal cook to impromptu dinners in my home. All these thoughts without any action just tend to make all of us, I think, more restless and dissatisfied with our present situations. So, since I truly value my marriage, I decided to start to take small steps towards making those dreams and ideas a possible reality.
Thank you for the people in this world that see potential and are willing to give others a chance. Here I am, a home cook, off the street, thinking that I have something to offer, and someone takes a chance, gives my stuff a shot- and calls me. I am excited to say that my baked goods are now being featured at JoJo's Java Joint in Ambler, PA! If you live in the area, it's a great little coffee shop near the Ambler train station. They have good coffee and the sweets are great! They also have awesome homemade items for breakfast and lunch- homemade soups, wraps, open-faced sandwiches, and salads. The owners and workers are great people and are trying to really support local peeps like me!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I will gladly answer questions and appreciate your feedback!