Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's Alive!

Happy Halloween!  This dough grew to gigantic proportions and just reminded me of a scary movie-Frankenstein scene.  I didn't quite know where I was going with the recipe and just kept adding things.
Thankfully these Pumpkin Sticky Buns got just the way I envisioned them!  Not too sweet, with a nice hint of pumpkin and spice, layered with a maple syrup goo.  There were a few recipes out there, but this one is truly a collected effort of pairing just the right parts and flavors together.























While the dough had extreme promise after the monstrous first rising, I wasn't ready to bake them.  They froze very well and rose again after being thawed.  They were a hit at the coffee shop and just may become a fan favorite soon!  Since there is yeast in these, the process is a little labor intensive but overall these came 
together so quickly and beautifully, that they are worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I will gladly answer questions and appreciate your feedback!