Since I already had a few maple desserts in my recipe files, and the amount of dessert recipes that already contain maple flavor or some sort, I had to dig deep to keep it simple and at least a little different. I was pleasantly surprised with this and thought it was worth sharing as well. Bonus of this was I had butterscotch chips and ginger snaps in the pantry that I wanted to get rid of. I have found recipes for a butterscotch sauce, but made from scratch and I really wanted it to be more about the maple flavor than anything else. Caramel is obviously the more used topping, but b-scotch is making a comeback. Maple ice cream would be great, but I couldn't find it and I think the butter pecan secures that from top to bottom this tastes like one harmonious dish of buttery maple sweetness. I didn't want to reach the bottom of this with my spoon! We'll be using the rest of the sauce over the holidays so I will get another chance to photograph the assembled parfait (Thank God).
You can make this easy microwaving the sauce, just use caution in heating it gradually and stirring frequently. I just think it's easier to make it on the burner.
You can make this easy microwaving the sauce, just use caution in heating it gradually and stirring frequently. I just think it's easier to make it on the burner.
Maple Butterscotch Parfaits
4-6 servings with extra sauce
11oz bag of butterscotch flavored chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup Grade A maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2T maple syrup
1T brown sugar
1 cup pecan halves, gently crumbled, keep a few whole
1 quart butter pecan or maple flavored ice cream
1-2 sleeves gingersnap wafers or cookies
4-6 servings with extra sauce
11oz bag of butterscotch flavored chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup Grade A maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2T maple syrup
1T brown sugar
1 cup pecan halves, gently crumbled, keep a few whole
1 quart butter pecan or maple flavored ice cream
1-2 sleeves gingersnap wafers or cookies
Directions
Place morsels, cream, maple syrup and salt in medium microwave-safe bowl, uncovered on 60-70% power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. OR combine ingredients in a medium sauce pan and melt over low heat.
Allow sauce to cool slightly. Store any leftover sauce in refrigerator. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
While sauce cools, toss and coat the pecan halves with the maple syrup and brown sugar in a small bowl. Toast in a dry pan on medium high heat or in a toaster oven at 350 for five minutes. Crumble the ginger cookies, set both aside.
To assemble the parfaits, spoon a tablespoon of the sauce in each glass. Top with a spoonful of cookie crumble, followed by a scoop of ice cream. Repeat this and top with sauce and a few pecan halves, serve immediately.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I will gladly answer questions and appreciate your feedback!