Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Strange Days Indeed!

We've gotten used to some pretty harsh weather in Philadelphia this year, but this was one storm that took us by surprise!  I have been preoccupied by the events of the past week and just am getting around to uploading photos and catching up with correspondence.  Many people in our area are still without power!  The weather beat out fright in sending a chill up our spines! It did cancel many events but with my son getting a touch of the flu, it allowed him to get some most needed rest while we were stuck indoors. Through all this terror my sister delivered a healthy boy!  Welcome Alex John Groner to the world! 
In the midst of the chaos, I made some good dishes that I will be sharing.  The adorable, yummy chocolate roll outs were made by following Smitten Kitchen's Brownie Roll-Out Cookie recipe.  I have been using it for a few years now and it is the best out there, thanks Deb! 
On my concoction list, I can check off the baked banana doughnuts and the green bean olive casserole!  Both successful and well received by my toughest critics!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather! The blog is looking good. I'd like to try the green bean casserole, soon. Can't wait to see you all at Christmas.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I will gladly answer questions and appreciate your feedback!